Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Soccer Fun!

I mentioned in my last post that Olivia was starting soccer with Upward Sports at Fruitland Community Church.  She was hilarious!  She actually did a great job kicking and stopping the ball.  She also did a great job picking me flowers and looking for worms.  She definitely gets her coordination skills (or lack of coordination skills) from me.  She had a great time running around with her friends though, and that was the goal!  They teach just the basic skills and since it is a Christian organization they also teach the kids a bible verse and open and close with prayer.  I love that there is an alternative to competitive sports for their age group.  It should be all about having fun at their age!  You can tell she was having a blast!


This was definitely my favorite picture of the day!  Caroline reached over to give her friend, Rylee a big kiss!

  
How precious is this?!  (I know this is a volleyball, but Olivia doesn't so don't tell her!)

We have been setting aside one night a month to have family night with the girls.  We pick a movie, have popcorn and chocolate, and just enjoy our time together.  With Nathan's busy schedule I think this is really important.  We always eat dinner together as a family and we share in bath and bedtime routines, but it is really nice to just set aside an evening to just "BE together".  This week, we watched The Lorax, which was really cute!  I love Caroline's reactions to movies.  If something shocking happens she shouts out, "Oh, NO!!!"  The girl is saying everything!  I try to make a effort to spend one on one time with each of my big girls as much as possible.  Caroline got hers this weekend when Olivia was at VBS.  She spent the day with Daddy!  They had a lunch date and did some errands.  It doesn't take much to make her happy.  :)  Olivia and I played a game of Candyland the other night when the babies were already in bed.  She won TWICE and I won once.  She was so proud of herself that she beat her mom fair and square.  
 The face of a Candyland Champion

It truly is an amazing blessing to be a mother.  These girls are just my whole world!  I am always thankful but it is so easy to get caught up in the stresses of day-to-day life.  It has been weighing so heavy on my heart lately that I do need to take more time and see the blessings God has granted us.  He has given us three happy, healthy daughters and I am so grateful that He chose me to be their mother!  
I love these moments more than anything else!  I am so thankful that I can be at home with these babies while they're still babies.  It goes by so quickly.  These are the moments that I want to remember forever.  

-Maegan

No comments:

Post a Comment