Thursday, September 6, 2012

Doctor Drama...

Want to know the quickest way to send a pregnant woman into panic mode?  Wait until she is 9 months pregnant and force her to switch delivering doctors!  Aghhhhh!  Yes.  This truly happened.  A couple of days ago, I got a call from our OB's office saying that my doctor wouldn't be able to see me because he was out with knee surgery.  It is unfortunate, and I was freaking out, but it has all worked out for the best.  We met with our new doctor today, and I feel very confident that he will do just as good as our previous doctor.  I am excited to say that we will have our second and last office visit with him next week, and the following week it will be baby time!  I can't believe that the end is nearly here.  As huge and as miserable as I am, it is still bittersweet.  It is the end of a new phase and the beginning of another.  All prayers for a healthy baby and mommy are appreciated!  Caroline had a short NICU stay as a newborn, so I am really hoping and praying that this baby won't have to.
Bags are packed!

In all the chaos of switching doctors and REALIZING that the birth of our baby is nearing, I figured I had better get started on my fall decorating.   I know, I know..  It's a little early!  In my defense, my sister-in-law has already started her decorating, so that gives me permission!  I'll post pics once I get everything finished.  It is starting to look like fall around here, (have I mentioned that it's 95 degrees?) at least on the inside.  :)  This is the most exciting time of year for me!  This year we will have fall parties and a field trip to the pumpkin patch with Olivia's friends from the co-op, then trick-or-treating, followed by Thanksgiving, AND Christmas!  I am already looking forward to Black Friday shopping... There is nothing better.  Anyway, that's all for today.  I wanted to share a picture of us this time last year, welcoming Caroline into our family.  It won't be long and we'll have another one to post!

Love, Maegan

2 comments:

  1. Ahh...I would be freaking out if I would have switched docs so close to the delivery but it sounds like everythin worked out. I am getting so pumped for fall/winter too. I am starting to thnk about Halloween costumes but I am sure I will have no say and he will be a super hero of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured he would be a superhero! Olivia wants to be a skunk and Caroline is going to be a lion. This is the first year Olivia has been 100% on what she wants to be, with no help from me. I mean, a skunk wouldn't be MY first choice but she's very excited about it!

    ReplyDelete