Monday, November 25, 2013

Halloween 2013

I am playing catch-up on posts, so sorry the Halloween update is almost a month late!  Better late than never, right?  Halloween is always a bittersweet time for me.  I love dressing the kids up and we seriously talk about what costumes everyone will wear all year long.  Halloween is my Aunt Cindy's birthday, and since she passed away several years ago it is always a little sad for me, too.  I always think about her and our good memories.  I wish my girls could have met her.  I wish she could have seen me as a mommy.  I wish she could be here for her grandkids.  Anyway, this Halloween was particularly weird because we got some hard news right before, but we made the best of it and it turned out just fine!  

The girls woke up and requested a spooky breakfast.  The best I could do was oatmeal pancakes with jack-o-lantern faces!  (don't judge, I'm not really a morning person)  

 You can tell that my kids are easy to please!

A little later in the morning, we were coloring pictures and making Halloween crafts and someone found a black marker and decided to eat it.  Apparently, it tasted delicious because it was ALL over her tongue.  This kid rarely causes a disturbance in our household, but it's pretty cute when she does.

After naps we started getting ready for trick-or-treating!  Nathan had been working out of town for several days but he was able to make it home just in time to help get the girls ready.  Olivia dressed up as Rapunzel from the movie Tangled.  I got a few pictures "pre-wig".
 Then we lined all three girls up on the fireplace and did the best we could to get one picture of everyone looking at the camera.  Easier said than done.
Caroline and Ellie dressed up as Doc McStuffins and Lambie from the Disney show Doc McStuffins!  I thought it was a perfect fit and they were hilarious!  
 Grand-dad passed out candy to trick-or-treaters while we were gone trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.  Since he was here, we got a few pics of him with his girls!  
Our family of five, Halloween 2013

This year was our first year trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood.  The last couple of years, we have gone to the mall and to Nathan's sister's neighborhood.  Our old house was in a really hilly area and not too easy to navigate strollers and babies.  This year, it was perfect.  It was so awesome seeing our neighbors and meeting new faces in our little area.  There was a storm heading our way so we called it a night after a few streets and got back home in plenty of time to let the girls pass out candy and dump their buckets!  We all had pizza and headed down to the basement to wait for the storm warnings to pass.  The girls all went to bed happy.  I think they had a happy Halloween holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment